Thursday, December 28, 2006

Slow internet connection (earthquake in Taiwan)

Today internet connection got problem, can not connect to the website from overseas, and slow connection from most of the sites in Singapore (I just lucky, I still can access my site). My friend called SingNet to verify this problem, and they said that the slow connection because the earthquake in Taiwan.

7.1 SR earthquake in Taiwan, Tuesday (26/12/2006), make the fiber backbone optic who go through Taiwan broken. Thats why the International link who provided by local ISPs are also disconnected. So I presume StarHub also experience the same problem as SingNet, as well as the others Asia Pacific ISPs. But we still can access internet on most of Singapore website (even though it's slow) especially the government sites.

Well.. I hope this problem can solve quickly

GBU Taiwan

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]